Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Wine Tour
The Prugnolo Gentile, a clone from the Sangiovese family, is the most important vine variety in the production of the Nobile. After the vinification process, the wine matures in wood barrels for a minimum of two years, perfects its taste in bottles and is put on the market no sooner than three years after its grapes were initially harvested.
The old town centre of Montepulciano is home to historical cantine (wine cellars) which remain active to this day and which, for centuries, have maintained the practice of producing the “King Wine”, as the 17th century writer Francesco Redidescribed in his work, Bacco inToscana.
Full day program (up to 8h):
- Pick up in your Hotel or Villa with a fully licensed Mercedes van A/C
- English speaking driving-guide and sommelier
- Visit of 2 different wine cellars of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano
- Vineyard and wine cellar tour with explanations about the wine making process
- Tasting of at least 3 different wines per winery including Rosso and Vino Nobile
- Lunch in one of the wineries or local restaurant
- Free time to explore at leasure the charming town of Montepulciano